Wednesday, March 10, 2010

From Despair to Joy

I was outside looking up
lost in threes and limitless proof.
Your brilliant tragic light
grasped my attention and owned my sight.

Alone in the deafening crowd,
disenchanted and caustically skeptical,
spitefully praying to your fictional hated God,
blind to your own divinity,
you sat separate
crying dried tears.

You were glowing beyond the spectrum
in your darkest hour.
You were a potential miracle
in the depth of your confusion.
You were oblivious to the Providence that chose you.

A metamorphasis is occuring
and you are gradually defining and discarding
the untruths that wrapped around you.
Victimized and villified,
you've been cast in several roles
that you never auditioned for.

If I could give you one intangible gift,
I would wrap in red
chocolate covered courage
to be vulnerable.
And peppermint perspective
to see the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment